Thursday, August 07, 2014

‡ 「Dear You -Cry-」 ‡

For anyone expecting an article about love after reading the title, then the answer is no.
For anyone wondering why the word '-Cry-' is doing after the sweetest opening 'Dear You', I have prepared the details below.

There is this anime titled Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (ひぐらしのなく頃に / Higurashi When They Cry). I think I watched the series around 6-7 years ago and I really recommend this to everyone; although, for your information, it's not a cheerful, cute, funny anime. Actually it's quite complex and, well, sick.

I'll leave it with the word 'sick'. You'll figure it why if you watch it.

I'm not going to review the anime or spoil anything about it here but there's this one song title I really like. Actually it's not just one song; there are four of them (plus another original mix, so there are five!).

All share the same musical notes but different lyrics and feels.
If you don't know yet, I have tendency to write when I listen to music and this (or these?) song(s) make me want to write while letting myself to disappear in the music.

Shall we start with the -Cry- version first today?
I'll post the English translation here instead of the Romaji lyrics.
It's actually just a drabble; randomly written by a random greedy author.

Hope you will enjoy it.

________________________________________

-Cry-




The steady rising of the scent of summer
I want to feel it next to you

Thirteen years ago.

It was summer.


Those moments that may feel like nothing are
Treasures worth more than jewels
Let this moment be enveloped in soft sunlight
And be protected for always
 

The sun was setting down as the moon appeared on the sky.
Our footsteps were left on the sand as we walked side by side.
You let your tears rolled as I gave a smile.

In my heart, I was praying that the time would stop eternally.


Even though those days
May be imprisoned in darkness
I'm believing in you
Even though it may be unforgivable


Day by day. Night by night.
Flowers bloomed. Summer breeze gone. Leaves fell. Snowflakes melted.
 
You wanted to forget but couldn't.


Please stay shining
Stay and smile here for always


I'm sorry. I'll go.

You kept saying that. You always wrote that. You never stopped thinking that.
Just shine. Just stay. Just smile.


Please don't cry
Please listen to me
Please don't be afraid, I won't do anything
I'll cry with you, for you
Please, don't be scared


It's okay.

I had forgiven you. I'd cry with you. I'd be there for you.
Please listen to me. Please don't be afraid. Please be here.


The cry of the summer
Drowns out my voice
Even a small bit is alright, please don't cry
I'll forgive you, please don't cry


So far yet I still could hear you cry.
Too dark but I still wanted you to shine.
Broken and fragile.

You're forgiven.


The cicadas say it's too late
But I still reach out to you
Please believe in me
I want to say, "You don't have to cry anymore"


I was still reaching out to you.

It was summer again today.



-End-

0 issues: