Saturday, January 12, 2013

‡ Brainworks ‡

So I found this link from a friend of mine at Twitter.
Thanks to @astridfadil for sharing the link.
If you don't know, I always have interest in personality tests so, test regarding how your brain works is not an exception.

Therefore I downloaded the application "brainworks.exe" and ran it.
It's a simple self-assessment test and I think it just took some minutes for me.
I answered all 20 questions in one go before I received the result.

As the introduction, some of you may already know about left and right hemisphere of our brains. One have the tendency to be more dominant and this affects you in a way your probably don't know.
This exercise is also said to help us determine whether we react in a more auditory or visual manner, regarding our learning style.

Well, my result is in below picture and I'll give the review after it. ;)



I am a strongly left-hemisphere dominant and a predominantly visual learner, a unique blend of characteristic, it said.

Typical of the left hemisphere dominant person, you are organized, precise, focused on details and logical. You seek or assign meaning to your experiences as part and parcel of the way that you learn.
In general, your approach to life and learning is step-wise and emphasizes the functional and pragmatic rather than the symbolic and abstract. You prefer to place things in existing categories as a way of making them familiar and/or controllable.

Combined with this, you are a visual learner. You are active and continuously searching so that you process information rapidly.
As a result, you can be constantly organizing and structuring without necessarily needing to verbalize as a way of guiding yourself. You have a unique ability to see what needs doing and to get it done.

The predominance of your visual learning style implies that you tend not to be reflective and may not pick up on auditory cues including your own "inner voice". Frequently you may find that you can "see" where the other person is going before she/he gets there and this way can be impatient with roundabout language.

Overall, you may find yourself driven and distracted. There is a sense of excitement that attends this combination but also a sense of frustration.
You can have well-defined goals without the ability to articulate them yourself, let alone others.
You can "see" where you are going but not be able to "tell yourself".


As for myself, I do think the result is correct up to 90%. I don't know though if it's just me or not.

I'll let you try and decide whether the test gives a correct result or not. ;)


0 issues: