Sunday, September 27, 2009

‡ Around the Corner ‡


Around the corner I have a friend...

In this great city that has no end,
Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
And before I know it, a year is gone.

And I never see my old friend's face,
For life is a swift and terrible race,
He knows I like him just as well,
As in the days when I rang his bell,
And he rang mine.

But, we were younger then,
And now we are busy, tired men.
Tired of playing a foolish game,
Tired of trying to make a name.

"Tomorrow" I say "I will call on Jim"
"Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
And distance between us grows and grows.

Around the corner!- yet miles away,
"Here's a telegram, sir"
"Jim died today."

And that's what we get and deserve in the end.

Around the corner, a vanished friend.


Remember to always say what you mean.
If you love someone, tell them.
Don't be afraid to express yourself.

Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.
Because when you decide that it is the right time,
it might be too late.

Seize the day.
Never have regrets.

And most importantly,
stay close to your friends and family
for they have helped make you the person that you are today.

__________

Dikutip dari Touching Love Stories and Story,
hari ini akhirnya gw ngepost sebuah bahasan tentang kehidupan dan cinta.

Err, sebenarnya bukan bermaksud berlebihan alias lebay,
tapi sebenarnya karena banyak membaca cerita ini,
kadang gw suka takut mendengar kata "NANTI".

Maksudnya itu misal ada masalah antara gw dan orang lain,
semua berkata, "Nanti juga dah mendingan."
Gw takut kata "NANTI" itu gk akan datang.

Mungkin terkesan berlebihan dan melankolis banget,
but it did happen once in my life...

Tidak ada yang bisa menyangka apa yang akan terjadi dalam hidup.
Tapi janganlah menunda-nunda apa yang menurutmu penting.
Sebelum semuanya menghilang. :)


"Death is a challenge.
It tells us not to waste time.
It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other."
(Leo Buscaglia)


+Lyrics of the day+
I'm holding on your rope
Got me ten feet off the ground
And I'm hearing what you say
But I just can't make a sound
You tell me that you need me
Then you go and cut me down
But wait...
You tell me that you're sorry
Didn't think I'd turn around and say..

That it's too late to apologize, it's too late
I said it's too late to apologize, it's too late
(Apologize by One Republic)

0 issues: