Saturday, April 18, 2009

‡ Do Not Forget ‡


With the work I do, I use mathematics a bit.
When I moved, I lost my calculator so I had to purchase a new one.
I bought a model that I thought could handle the calculations that I needed to do.
This calculator has direct algebra input.
This means that one can enter an algebra problem into the calculator as it appears on the page and it immediately gives the answer.
I remember when I was in school we did not have these tools.
We did have calculators, but not this fancy.
We had to write out our answers.
I have noticed in places I have worked that many of the people could enter the numbers and get the answer but they really had no idea what the numbers meant or how the answer was derived.
In this it seems that the understanding is being lost.

This is very much like repeating the Lord's Prayer without thinking what it means.
Every week at service we say the Lord's Prayer.
Every Thursday at the services I conduct we say the Lord's Prayer.
Every night before we go to sleep, my wife and I say the Lord's Prayer with our son.
With saying the Prayer so many times, I work on not just saying the words but instead believing the words and putting my trust in the words.
It can get so easy to just go through the motions but never understand what those motions mean.
We must not take the Prayer for granted but we must put into action within our life what the prayer means.

__________

Dipetik dari Afterhours Inspirational Stories,
kisah ini tidak gw terjemahkan yah ke bahasa Indonesia..
Mari kita belajar bersama... Hehe.

Gw juga nulis singkat ajah sih hari ini...
Apa yang kita pinta dalam doa bukan sekedar kata-kata biasa.
Jangan hanya berdoa untuk mewujudkan.
Lakukan sesuatu untuk menggapai mimpimu.

Semua orang bisa meminta tapi tidak semua orang bisa mewujudkan jika tidak bertindak.
Berjuanglah meraih apa yang kamu doakan. =)


+Lyrics of the day+
I pray you'll be our eyes
And watch us where we go
And help us to be wise
In times when we don't know
Let this be our prayer
[As we go] our way

Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
to a place where we'll be safe

La luce che tu dai
I pray we'll find your light
Nel cuore resterà
And hold it in our hearts
A ricordarci che
When stars go out each night
L'eterna stella sei

Nella mia preghiera
Let this be our prayer
Quanta fede c'è
When shadows fill our day

Lead us to a place
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

Sognamo un mondo senza più violenza
Un mondo di giustizia e di speranza
Ognuno dia la mano al suo vicino
Simbolo di pace, di fraternità

La forza che ci dai
We ask that life be kind
E' il desiderio che
And watch us from above
Ognuno trovi amore
We hope each soul will find
Intorno e dentro sè
Another soul to love

Let this be our prayer
Let this be our prayer
Just like every child
Just like every child

Needs to find a place,
Guide us with your grace
Give us faith so we'll be safe

E la fede che
Hai acceso in noi
Sento che ci salverà
(The Prayer by Josh Groban)

0 issues: